Tuesday, June 19, 2007

James's Birthday & Zombie Escape Plans

Over the weekend it was James's birthday and like all people turning 31 he has been thinking about his future, no peeps not pension plans, but what he is going to do when the inevitable zombie apocalypse comes...

As a special birthday gift to James I thought I would try to spread this as a meme (as he inspired its creation) and find out how many of us out there have zombie escape plans and also give it a little bit of structure by asking some specific questions to make sure everyone is giving this its due consideration and thought!

So when zombies bring about the end of the world in 28 Days Later/Dawn of the Dead/Shaun if the Dead stylee what are you going to do?

1. Describe your zombie escape plan (generally). Explain your choices.

I think that I will probably head for my work (Watts Building) as it is quite away from the city centre. However first I am gonna grab a bus which I will use to ram raid sainsburys (for food) and then b&q (for weapons). Then I think I will use to the bus to blockade one of the entrances... There are quite a few windows though so I'll need to board them up, but there is loads of furniture so that shouldn't be a problem. There is a kitchen in there too.

If society tries to rebuild itself the building is also close to the trainline and if the power stays on there is plenty of ways to contact the outside world (phones/computers).

2. Who would you choose to have with you and why?

I'll try to stick with as many mentally unhinged people I can find - they will either crumble under the stress and therefore keep the zombies off you for a few seconds or they will unleash their brutal side and go all redneck on the zombies.

3. What is your choice of zombie bashing weapon? Be creative - this is the UK, are you really going to have time to try and acquire a shotgun when the apocalypse comes?

I think I will adapt a scythe and add an extra blade to the other end so it can stab and slice.

4. Finally if your escape plan goes horribly wrong what will you do?

Hide in the toilets and hope it all goes away.

Anyway thats my plan! Kira, Joh, Sophie, Pzalem & Trev you are it! Spread this! And James maybe when your blog is online again you might share your plan?

Finally to get everyone into Zombie fear, check out this remake out of the original Resident Evil Intro...

No comments: