Sunday, December 25, 2005

Change...

Well this Christmas has certainly been different so far...

Yesterday my brother, his girlfriend and myself kept saying how it didn't feel like Christmas eve as we sat outside waiting for lunch in Valletta . Christmas eve was further made surreal by my brother insisting I came with him to the local park (which has been built into Birkirkara's old train station) to see the masses of cats in the park. He wasn't joking. There must have been in the region of thirty to forty stray cats living in this park. And my brother and me took great glee in feeding the cats some ham. I was very reassured to see a cat lady come along to feed the cats cat food and give them fresh water.

Today (Christmas day) feels more like Christmas - although I am in Malta, there has been presents, phone calls to family and yummy Christmas dinner (I supplied the paxo as Malta does not have any it seems!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your Christmas was less of a traditional English one than mine... Can't wait to see photos.

I've had a great time - visited a drowned village, eaten lots, relaxed and followed the 'Permissive Path'. Christmas should happen more often.

ginquinn said...

I agree! I want more strange christmasses like this one! The drowned village sounds interesting - I have visited a Silent City... See you soon sweetie xxx