Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Plan

Yesterday James asked me what my long term plans were.

I have no bloody idea!

All I could think about when being asked that question is work I've got to do right now - but some how sorting coursework today is not going to have any massive impact a few months from now.

However not knowing what my long term plans are didn't make feel sad - which is a relief. But I did feel like I should have a plan - especially as my optimistic nature is fuelled by knowing that I can have anything because I can see the path (and plan!) from A to B. Thinking about it more I think I lack long term plans because I would rather have short to mid range plans (I want it now!!!). So my plans for the near future are:

1) To finish writing my novel - I've got a day off next friday and I fully intend to use this day to write.
2) To start another writing project (some informative style writing) that I've had lingering in my brain for a while - I'll make a start on this on sunday.
3) To get healthy - this requires organisation and planning ahead.
4) To go and see Pirates of the Caribbean tomorrow (nope thats not long term - but I'm really excited about going to see it!!!!!!!)

Anyway thats my lack of life planning rant over with - I'm happy to avoid the long term for a bit longer...

And besides I could never fufill my childhood dream of becoming Indiana Jones so I'll always be jaded about long term plans that are out of my reach ;-)

No comments: