Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I don't like May

Some people don't like Mondays. I don't like the month of May. For some reason its always difficult for me. I don't know why I dislike it so much - it could be that its a post birthday month or that its the strange cold spring weather merging into warmer summer weather... Maybe it has something to do with more painful previous experiences happening in May, particularly on the forthcoming bank holiday.

History aside, right now everything feels a struggle. Work is busy, work is uncertain - regardless of the politics of the lecturers striking/withholding marks or what I think, I soon may have to face up to no exam boards and losing my summer time of catching up and planning. My home life is uncertain, I can't predict how people will react or what they will do. The home security I have been craving so much since my parents moved to Malta is once again slipping away from me. Friends are moving away and changing. And I have stupidly made too many plans this month and not allowed any time for myself, no time to plan or work on something to make forget.

I'm looking forward to June when I hope I will know more and that my least favoured month will be over.

No comments: