Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Rice Pudding

Last night I decided to be brave and try a food I was sickened by as a child...

Over the years I have found that various foods I hated when little - I now enjoy. Most surprisingly for me was fried eggs - which were so hated by me previously that would pretend to eat them, carefully spitting it out into my napkin at the same time. The napkin was then disposed of in the giant dried plant pot which I knew wouldn't be cleaned for ages (Hehehehe).

Now I love fried eggs!

So yesterday whilst shopping in Sainsburys I decided to by some Rachel's Organic Rice Pudding - as Garfield pointed out to me - it even had my name on it. On the packaging it looked so delicous... When I got round to eating it - I was horrified how could something so creamy have lumps in it! It was gross! Luckily Garfield likes the stuff so he ate it.

I guess that we sometimes have to trust our childhood taste buds - afterall I still think they were right to reject baked beans - tomato sauce CANNOT be orange.

And that will teach me to eat sweet things especially after being good and playing squash (even if very badly) and missing James read out a story at the SWIM thing at the sanctury cafe (because of squash - sorry James).

Oh well back to the Squash playing and healthy eating thing. (Next week I am going to teach my friends Sass and Jo how to play squash - it will be comical...).

No comments: