Saturday, August 19, 2006

Lady in the Water

Last night I went to see Lady in the Water and it was every bit as good as I hoped it would be. Garfield, who had only seen a little of the trailer was also pleasantly surprised as he expected it to be some sort of cheesy horror flick...

The characters in Lady in the Water were wonderful, especially some of the families, who were comical. It was also quite interesting how the story worked by following a story within a story, about a Sea Nymph called Story!

I think I also loved it because a former Six Feet Under actor was in it. Rico/Freddy Rodriguez was playing a bizarre man who only exercised one side of his body... Plus I also have a fondness for Paul Giamatti after watching Sideways a while ago. Every time I go out to a restaurant now I always say that:

"If anyone orders a bottle of Merlot, I'm fucking leaving!"
(Sideways, 2004)

Anyway, I think the next film that I am looking forward to seeing is Children of Men, which is out in September...

2 comments:

Joh said...

Finally saw L in W last night. It was lovely (and did some wonderful plays on folklore archetypes) but personally I think sadly marred by my knowledge that Mr Shamalangadingdong had cast himself in the role of the writer. It made it seem like he felt he was proving something.

Lovely all the same and I am sure I will buy it when it comes to be.

ginquinn said...

I knew I recognised him! Just couldn't think where I'd seen him... Incredibly modest to play a writer who changes the world ;-)