Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Films, films, films!

Yesterday I was feeling quite poorly so didn't go to work.

As I wasn't tired I spent quite a bit of time surfing the web and discovered lots of films I want to see when they come out:

The Science of Sleep

Clerks 2

Lady in the Water

Children of Men

The Prestige

Who Killed the Electric Car

Really hope they all come out soon - I want to see them!!!!

However I managed to ease the new film need by watching V for Vendetta (which I hadn't seen before) - it was bloody amazing. If only all films were like that.

I also discovered in horror - that this will be in our cinemas next year. And too make things worse it is in 3D so will make me physically sick* too!

*I don't know why but 3D computer games, moving images and jumpy camera work make me feel sick (motion sickness except no movement involved).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you not seen the reviews for Lady in the Water?

Although, actually, I'm going to see it on a cheap wednesday, simply because I can't imagine a movie worse than The Village.

ginquinn said...

Yeah - but I don't care - my tastes and likes usually differ from critics/reviewers - if they trailer gets me, I'll see it.

Anonymous said...

But you've seen the village, right? And you know how bad that was... Besides which, I can't see how the trailer for Lady in the Water grabbed you...

ginquinn said...

I actually liked the village... And the trailer grabbed me because of spooky water beasties.

Joh said...

Either way - I liked the Village and am looking forward to seeing Lady in the Water - I thought V for Vendetta fantastic.

So glad someone else thinks so!

(I had been so afraid that it would make me cry out in pain - in the same way that the travesty of an adaptation of his League of Extraordinary Gentlemen did (forgive my run-on sentence)... I was a bit worried that my relief made me biased.)

ginquinn said...

V for Vendetta seems particularly apt with all thats currently going on in the world!

And I'm glad that I wasn't the only person to like the village - it was spooky and entertaining (I wasn't expecting it to be life changing and for me thats okay in a film...).