Monday, November 14, 2005

Spells!

Last week I got a wonderful delivery from Amazon...

Two brand new and brilliant magic/spell books.

1. Eileen Holland's Grimoire of Magickal Correspondences - this book is going to make spell making so much easier! It lists every ingredient or deity that you have ever needed for any type of spell - extremely useful!

2. Judika Illes's The Element Encyclopaedia of 5000 Spells - I wasn't sure about this book, I thought it might turn out to be a bit fickle like a Titania spell book. Fortunately the book proved me wrong and is actually very useful. Its more like a history of magic in the sense that it lists thousands of spells from many traditions and goes as far as having a disclaimer saying that the writer does not expect some of the spells in this book to be used as they were only relevant a long time ago. Its also very handy that this book mainly lists the actions required for a spell, allowing the reader the freedom to add their own chanting and ingredients if required.

Both will come in very handy for something I am working on that hopefully will make the whole spell making process, much, much easier... (even if just for me)

No comments: