Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Big Fish Games

Doom reminds me of a particular Sunday where as usual I was trying avoid thinking about going back to School the following day... My younger brother suggested that we play a game he had discovered on my Dad's computer. It turned out to be more of a single player game, so I watched whilst my brother swung backwards, forwards, to the left, to the right. And then I felt as though I was going to puke.

And so there it started my mysterious weird nauseous feelings whenever I watch (or play) any kind of 3D computer game, or anything generally moves forward and is jolty... So over the years I have had to sit with my back to friends or leave their houses all together to prevent the horrible sick feelings. I am grateful that I was spared Soul Calibre - for some reason 3D beat-em-ups seem to not make me feel ill! However my fickle games nature leaves me feeling bored quickly by such games.

This strange nausea has also meant that I am excluded from most MMORPG's, including World of Warcraft. I have often felt sad and bitter about this ;-) and instead spout the virtues of all the free time I have to do more productive things, rather than wasting my time pretending to be something cooler, in a far more exciting world... (I think also it may be a blessing in disguise as I already have far too many hobbies and not enough time for them.)

Garfield, taking pity on me has made it his quest to find me computer games that I can play. For a while we battled over playing Civilization 4 on his computer, but I soon became bored of it, not being a natural war lord. Then recently he discovered this...

Yes a some what sad little game in which you have discover objects in still pictures - the perfect game for me! No movement or sickness guranteed!!! Of course the game sounds quite dull considering all the competition out there. But me and Garfield are hooked in a competitive way (I will win it first, not him! And I'll do it in faster time). There are three games of this variety and I bought the third one on sunday... No doubt we will have soon completed it and then?????

I'll have to wait for the next in the series to come out and that could be ages! Oh well in the mean time I have the current game to complete - best get to it...

No comments: